I am going to show you step by step how to distress cardstock, and make this artsy page. You too can do it!
EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEZZY!
This tutorial was originally published in the july issue of Scrapnart magazine
1. Place a doily or mask on American Crafts Kraft cardstock and spray with color spray.
2. Pour some of the color spray onto the American Crafts cardstock with the doily still in place. Use the cheescloth to dab the ink around.
3. While this is drying, cut a piece of the American Crafts Marine Cardstock to 7"x7" and distress the edges. Set aside.
4. Cut a piece of the American Crafts Kraft cardstock to 6"x7". Spritz with water.
6. Ball up damp piece of American Crafts Kraft cardstock.
7. Smooth out the damp piece of American Crafts Kraft cardstock. Lightly rub an ink pad over the raised parts.
When completed, it will look something like this.
8. Cut a piece of American Crafts Honeycomb cardstock to 6"x6 1/2". Run the American Crafts Honeycomb cardstock through the Cuttlebug using the Sizzix embossing folder "Netting". Because the cardstock is larger than the embossing folder, you will have to flip the paper to have it emboss the entire piece.
9. Distress the edges and rub with an inkpad.
10.Cut a piece of the American Crafts White cardstock to 4"x5". Spritz with water.
11. Pour some Fiber-Scraps EZ Stain and some of the color spray onto the American Crafts White cardstock.
12. Using your piece of cheesecloth and a piece of the burlap, dab and rub in the ink. This spreads the ink and also inks the cloth at the same time.
13. If desired, you can use a heat gun to help the cardstock dry faster. .
13. Use Westcott Titanium Microtip 5" Nonstick Scissors to cut the GlueArts 3D Raisen's. Apply GlueArts 3D Raisen's behind each layer of American Crafts cardstock to build dimension. Use a double layer of GlueArts 3D Raisen's behind the photo for even more dimension.
14. Begin building layout by placing first the American Crafts Marine Cardstock, then the American Crafts Kraft cardstock which has been crumpled and ink on top. Finish with the American Crafts Honeycomb cardstock and then the American Crafts White cardstock.
15. Twist the pieces of cheesecloth and place as shown using Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac.
16. Place two random pieces of burlap fabric as shown.
17. Place American Crafts Amy Tangerine Thickers for title.
18. Trace or draw triangle shapes onto canvas fabric. Cut out using Westcott ExtremEdge 8" Blade Tension Key Scissors.
19. Add a little ink to each triangle and place on page as shown, using a piece of twine to anchor.
Beachbums by Kristie Taylor
There you go! see its really easy! and now I want to see what you can do with some of these distressing techniques!!